SA lockdown and School at Home preparations
In line with new announcements made today by the SA Premier, Stephen Marshall, South Australia will be locked down for seven days as per 6.00pm today. In line with these guidelines, Torrens Valley Christian School will be closed for seven days as from tomorrow, Wednesday 21 July 2021. The school will remain open for children of essential workers or vulnerable children who need to attend school. In order to ensure we have appropriate staffing and supervision, we would appreciate it if you could register with the school by completing the online form (https://forms.office.com/r/ZvBZE5CPHu).
Camp Australia have advised that the OSHC service will operate as normal for children of essential workers for the duration of the lock down. Should families require Outside School Hours Care, visit the Camp Australia Parent Portal to book care as you need it.
Tomorrow will be a transition day for staff to have time to set up and prepare for TVCS School at Home, commencing Thursday. Please look out for an email from your child’s Class teacher (Primary) or Care Group teacher (Secondary) tomorrow with a welcome video. More information regarding School at Home will be sent tomorrow via our Director of Teaching and Learning, Emily Brookes. We encourage you to check your Canvas login to ensure you have the appropriate access to School at Home. Should you have difficulties or queries, please contact the school on 8126 2200 and we will assist you.
Arrangements can be made for families who do not have access to a device to use at home by contacting the school on 08 8126 2200 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrangements will be reviewed regularly in line with the advice of Government and health authorities and in line with changing needs. We will be in contact with you as further information comes to hand.
In summary, as we prepare for these new developments, we ask that you:
- Make arrangements to keep your children at home as from Wednesday 21 July 2021 until further notice.
- Advise the school using the online form (https://forms.office.com/r/ZvBZE5CPHu) if you are an essential worker and will need to have your child on site. Also, please indicate in your e-mail the days of the week your child/children will be at school during this time.
- Make the most of this opportunity to spend time together and send a positive message about the value of spending time with family and learning from home.
- Talk about the situation with your children, including the challenges and opportunities that this may provide for them as learners.
- Equip yourselves and your children to maintain communication and connection with staff members who will be proactively allocating time for this to take place on a regular basis.
- Please talk to your child’s teacher or the relevant Coordinator in your section of the school if you have any thoughts or questions.
We appreciate your support and understanding in observing these important reminders and helping us ensure the wellbeing of our community as we work together.
As we continue in this unprecedented time of change in our nation as a result of COVID-19, please know that you and your family are uppermost in my heart and prayers. The health and wellbeing of your family is my first priority and I wish to assure you that strong measures are in place to care for the wellbeing of your family.
As Christians, we are reminded of the supremacy of our God over all things. God is our refuge, our hope, our anchor and our loving Father. And it is in these times, we draw close to Him, trusting the One who is victorious over all.
As we face these days ahead, God reminds us in the words from Matthew 11: 28 – 30, “Come to me, all you
who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light”.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me via our designated email address COVID19@tvcs.sa.edu.au.
Yours in Christ’s service,