Every year our budding athletes enthusiastically participate in SACSA Sporting Events. The South Australian Christian School Sports Association (SACSA) consists of 25 member schools that are given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of sports within a Christian environment.
The main aim of TVCS students participating in these events is to develop a Christ-like spirit of unity, team cooperation and friendship, in a positive environment. Each sporting carnival provides unique challenges as well as the opportunity to apply, test and further develop athletic skills!
There is terrific sportsmanship displayed from our students at every event and we are proud of them all. The events that we have competed in so far this year include the Athletics Championships, Open Netball/Fast Five, Soccer and Cross Country.
HERE ARE THE RESULTS FROM 2021 SO FAR…
On Friday 30 April, the primary team of 8 year olds – 12 year olds travelled to SA Athletic Stadium to compete against other Christian schools. The day was a perfect 26-degree day and the students stepped out of their comfort zone of the classroom and into competition of throwing, running, jumping, sprinting, and cheering! Well done to the following students who won ribbons on the day:
- Hannah F – 1st Discus
- Eliza J – 3rd High Jump
- Liam C– 3rd 100m, 2nd Shot Put, 3rd Long Jump
- Joshua A – 2nd 400m
- Ellis T – 1st 800m
- Tristan C – 3rd 800m
- Ethan K – 2nd Shot Put
- James D – 3rd Discus
On Monday 10 May, the Year 11 and 12 students travelled to Golden Grove Netball Courts to compete at the SACSA Netball and Fast 5 Carnival. Our three teams played exceptionally well! This is due to the culmination of weeks of training before school and during lunch time.
- Open girls – 1st place
- Open boys gold – 1st place
- Open boys silver – 2nd place
SACSA Soccer tournament was held over five days. We had girls and boys competing in the Year 3/4, Year 5/6, Year 7/8, Year 9/10 and Open competitions. Additionally, we had support from our students to help train and coach these teams. These coaches spent countless hours training and refining the players techniques to give them the best opportunity to perform well on match-day.
- Year 3/4: A top effort to the Year 3/4 boys for coming first in their Division.
- Year 5/6: What a stormy windy day that the Year 5/6 boys and girls had to compete in. Our students played well and enjoyed the day regardless of the down pour!
- Year 7/8: The girls team ended up coming in third overall and second in their pool which is a terrific effort.
- Year 9/10: The Year 9/10 girls enjoyed the day and it was great to see their skills and confidence grow as the day progressed. Zachary A did remarkably well in Year 9/10 boys.
- Open Boys: A valiant effort for the Open boys that did not result in the desired outcome. However, high morale led to comradery, dancing, singing and a joyful ride home.
ALSO, OUR SAPSASA CROSS COUNTRY RESULTS…
On Friday 7 May, students from Year 4 – Year 7 competed at SAPSASA Cross Country. It was a cloudy 22-degree day and although the sun was not shining – our students did shine at the carnival!
Well done to Elizabeth C (U12 Girls) and Ellis T (Under 10 Boys) for finishing first in their age group. As a result of their placing they have been invited to the State Cross Country. Tristan C came in 7th place which also won him a position at the State Cross Country.